[AW]  Who the what now?

Gaius

4 y/o medium Male
Moving across the landscape Gaius marched forward into the unknown. Doing so wasn't something new to him for exploring new lands and mapping out the unknown is something he and his family had done all his life. The only difference now was he was alone. The male had been traveling with his siblings, but alas they had gotten separated in some crazy thick fog, but it hadn't been the end of the world. His siblings where both adults the same as himself and able-bodied so he was sure that they would be fine. Besides the world was only so big, surely one day he'd see them again. If not well he would have to march on and make more of his bloodline to make sure it would not die out with him. Though he really did hope fate had him crossing their past again one day.

For now he just walked alone along the border of some unknown land. The forest he was in was thick, but not the thickest he had ever been in. Which was both good and bad. Good that it kept the summer sun's heat down, and bad because it was a bit dark due to the fact it wasn't even sunny out. It was about mid morning, but they skies above where grey and rain showered the land below. The leaves of the trees blocked out some of it, but it was more like a mist now. A rather refreshing mist at that. Summer was soon leave the lands and autumn would once again overtake the world which was just fine with him. The chilly days and rainy night, the wind and the changing of the colors just marked his favorite time of the year. Speaking of the trees leaves Gaius came to a stop and looked up at the trees looking at some little creatures running around. Placing his rump on the ground he just blinked wondering if he should try to get up there some how and catch something to eat or try looking for something on the ground. The ground would probably be the better place to look.

Eidolon

4 y/o large Female

A delighted laugh, a warm giggle and the striped faes elongated tail whipped through the air like a blade. Around her, prisms of light bent and contorted to transform into whimsical, fantastic beasts that galloped between her long limbs and soared along her spine. Her subconscious produced these figments of light and they never failed to enchant her. Dragons gliding across the winds, playful faeries twisting in between her silken fur and kelpies weaving across the ground like phantom lights. There was so much to see, so much to be bewitched by and the more she indulged and played with the products of her own magic, the more enthralled by it she became.

She pranced, nearly dancing with the figments of creatures that swirled around her and once properly overwhelmed, she reared, her lithe frame stretching upwards towards the heavens while her two toned fur rippled like a waterfall. She lurched forward, paws slamming into the ground with a dull thud and then... she was off, careening through the woods at a ferocious gallop. She loved to run, she loved to play, she loved to chase the goblins and gnomes and to find their secret hidey holes in empty hollows and fallen trees. Another laugh, light, airy and carefree colored the space around her and she tossed her skull, delighting in the way the creatures comprised of light and color swirled around her. Taking a sharp turn around the base of a wide tree, her onyx eyes widened as a male stood barring her path.

Scrambling to skid to a halt, she veered to the right to avoid running headlong into him. She tripped and stumbled but managed not to hit the dirt as her elongated frame finally came to a graceless halt... it didn't faze her though, the creatures still swirled around her and she whipped around to see the male properly. Earthen colors met her galaxy filled gaze and she smiled, an innocent gesture that lit her eyes and saw her tail merrily whipping back and forth behind her rump. "I'm sorry! Are you alright? I was too busy chasing the wind and the faeries that hide in the trees." Her voice was warm, punctuated by a soft giggle. "My names Eidolon, who are you?"

"speaking"

Table by Centience.

@Gaius

Gaius

4 y/o medium Male
Standing in the forest he hummed to himself thinking about how this place wasn’t the worse place he had ever been. It wasn’t the best either, but it was a comfortable area none the less. The one thing that could make this place better was if his siblings just suddenly showed up. Family always seems to make things better. Well mostly. Okay as long as someone wasn’t pushing a trival thing and trying to make a big deal out of it. Even so at least they were together during those times to get under each other’s skin. Sighing Gaius knew that wherever his siblings where they would be find. They are both adults let them adult.

Ears twitching he thought he heard the sounds of someone running and turned his head to look over his shoulder thinking the sound was coming from behind. Not seeing anyone it was only when he looked forward again that he saw the not so graceful beauty come racing around the trunk of a tree and almost trip coming to a stop. Watching her move to one side so that they didn’t hit he stepped back the other way. Looking at her he blinked a few times looking at the light creatures around her. ”Forgive me for blocking your path, and for being so forward, but are you an angel?” At first his words had been a bit surprised, but as he got a hold of himself and what just happened his tone turned to a smooth, sweet and charming one. ”No of course you aren’t how ill mannered of me to think so little of a divine beauty such as you m’lady for you put angels to shame.” He said giving her a dip of his head. Bowing he smiled widely at her before rising to speak again. ”I am Gaius and I am at your service m’lady.” He cooed giving her a gentle wink.

@Eidolon

Eidolon

4 y/o large Female

Thankfully, the male was not as easily distracted or bewitched by his own magic as Eidolon was. Her striped visage scrambled to come to a halt and he quickly back pedaled, managing to avoid the way her hind end fish tailed and came to a stop. Despite this, the first thing to escape her black inked lips was an apology. She was a pure empath, something that placed her on a spectrum somewhere between psychopath and autism and yet... she was happy, joyful, a playful sprite in a sea of churning negativity. Her world was colored by mythical creatures, magic and a raw compassion for strangers. Instead of absorbing the bleakness of her life, she'd morphed herself into everything she wanted the world to be.

This stranger did not seem to be colored by darkness though, instead he returned her apology with her own and asked if she was an angel. The concerned expression fell from her muzzle and a bright smile took it's place. Her too long tail whipped through the air in delight and laughter, a chorus of tinkling water, spilled from her tongue as she shook her head. "Not the last time I looked!" Playful, her voice consumed a brighter, vibrant quality that translated with the relaxation of her body language. "But I do like singing with faeries and racing the dragons through the underbrush, see?" She tilted her head and one of the dragons, carved out of a rainbow spectrum of light, soared away from her and towards the stranger. It wasn't a physical manifestation, the striking beast was merely a trick of the light that her magick warped and twisted out of shape, but it delighted her all the same. The beast soared around the male before trailing back to join it's brethren in the faerie ring that swirled around Eidolon. "I'm a fae, maybe, twined with the trees and earth." The words were spoken with a soft giggle and her tail still wagged in easy delight behind her rump.

He continued to compliment her and the striped fae flushed, a pink hue tainting the flesh beneath her fur. "Flatterer." She accused with no bite and a brighter smile. "Beauty is what's around us, the wonder of nature and the heart of all things. It's lovely to meet you Gaius, would you like to run with me? Or perhaps a game of tag? It's been so dreadfully long since anyone but the fae have wanted to play." She tilted her head, watching him with the bright eagerness of a curious child.

"speaking"

Table by Centience.

@Gaius

Gaius

4 y/o medium Male
He might not act it, but Gaius was a bit distracted. The lady was rather enchanting as he watched her. Smiling he just took a seat and listened to her as she spoke. Her voice was like music to his ears. At her response to him about if she was an angel he let out a hardy laugh. It wasn't a hateful one or anything, but just a chuckle. "I assure you m'lady you are just as enchanting as this forest." His voice was kind as he gave her a wink. Looking then to the light creatures around her he looked at them curiously. "Well that is new." His words were a simple comment as he watched the dragon come to him and fly around. There was a look of confusion and awe upon his face. Standing up he backed away from the dragon as he watched it. Gaius wasn't scared he was just unsure about it all. As it flew back to Eidolon he gave her a curious look.

"Apologizes, this isn't something I am used to. I have never meet a witch before. Oh please I don't mean that in a bad way either. I guess witch isn't the best word to use." He explained a bit tongue tied with his words. She called herself a fae and he nodded. "You said you where a fae. So is that was magic users are call here?" He questioned politely not realizing he too was a magic user. Though the gentlemen didn't understand this new land, but so far he did like it here. It was far better then some of the other lands he had traveled through after all.

Shaking his head he cleared it of any worry and dark thoughts that could crawl into his brain. The women seemed polite, and kind surely she wasn't planning on murdering him. He did keep his guard up, though he hid it as he watched her. Flatterer. That word made him smile and give her a wink as he took a step closer again. "Beauty is more then skin deep m'lady." He cooed as he looked around them at everything. "Though this forest is indeed beautiful." Looking back at her his wide grin turned into a soft smile while brow lifted. She was asking him to play? "A run? Tag? I don't know." He started walking towards her as he spoke. "This land is new to me, but perhaps sticking with someone who from here sounds like a ... tag you're it! As he voiced his thoughts out loud while getting closer he reached forward to aim and boop her shoulder with his nose before he ran off with a chuckle. He didn't run at full speed as he didn't want to lose her, but he ran fast enough and even bounced a few steps as he turned back to look towards her.

@Eidolon

Eidolon

4 y/o large Female

Eidolon's brain ran on whimsy and magic. Where others saw a hollow tree, she saw a faerie ring, something filled with effervescent life even though the outer casing was long deceased. Where others saw empty fields, she saw slumbering scrunts merely waiting for their opportunity to awaken. Her world was colored by a film of innocent fantasy... and when he called her enchanting, blending his words with the beauty of her imagination, the laughter of delight that poured from her was beautiful in tenor. "Like the fae? Like the pixies? I try to dance and twirl like them, pieces of stardust and Starshine but I can never be as graceful." A giggle. "Thank you for saying I am." Enthusiastic at the worst of times, she was over the moon at a friendly encounter, tail battering happily through the air as she spoke.

Another giggle and a delightful head tilt as he called her a witch. "I don't know? I've always found magic in the world. Creatures beyond imagination, I call them fae. It wasn't until I reached this land that I was able to make them... most of the time I'm not aware that I'm doing it, but they make me happy so I don't complain. They follow me, chase me, look out for me like a sweet friend." She smiled and shook out her pelt, fur falling every which way. "Do you use magic? Are you a fae?" Curiosity glittered in her galaxy eyes but she smiled all the same, a laugh just beyond edge of her tongue.

His next words however... that silly little phrase darkened her. Beauty is more than skin deep. For a split second the exuberant pixie was gone and in her place... a creature contrived of raw terror. The punishment for imagination is fear. It was gone just as quickly, her expression melting right back into easy happiness but it had been there, a mere glimpse into what her fragile world shielded her from. "Beauty is the sun, the moon, the stars, the first glimmer of a sunrise and the rainbow effect of a sunset. Beauty is... Starshine." A whimsical smile and a flash of an ivory male now lost to her But alive. He was still out there somewhere and that was enough for her.

Her countenance crumpled as he hesitated to play and she frowned, tail sinking between her legs but then, abruptly he bumped her shoulder with his snout and tore off. More laughter as her muscles bunched and she tore off after him, only half a step behind. Her lithe frame was built for agility and speed but even still she didn't immediately go for the tag. It was exhilarating just to run, just to play! When she caught up, she aimed to playfully catch his flagging tail between her teeth and if she'd succeed, she'd dart off in another direction. Tag, yes! Finally someone who wanted to play with her!

"speaking"

Table by Centience.

@Gaius

Gaius

4 y/o medium Male
Faes? Pixies? Um what those were he hadn't a clue, but did she really need to know that? Probably not. Her happiness was so wonderful he'd hate to be the dark cloud in her sunshine. Shifting from paw to paw he gave a little dance of his own before giving a polite nod. "If I didn't know any better I'd think you were their queen." He cooed. His ears perked on his head as he listened to each word that left her lips. His eyes turning from her to her creatures of light for a good long moment before returning to the lady of snow and sea. Watching her form he couldn't help but notices how beautiful it was, she was like an elegantly crafted angel compared to his simple boring form. Her colors breathtaking, and his earth tones being meh. "Come now m'lady don't be so modest, you are as graceful as the nimble crane." Gaius spoke with a smile. Sort of cheeky in away as he wasn't sure what a crane was completely as he had never seen on with his own eyes, just knew what they where from stories his mother used to tell.

Going silent he just stood there watching her and wondering what her story was. Thinking about magic and what that all really meant as she explained. "Magic is a new idea for me. You seem like it is a natural as breathing, but such an idea has always been within the realm of dreams and make believe for me. I don't know maybe I never traveled to a land that could support it until now." He rambled a bit as he thought about it. Talking out loud he felt his heart racing in his chest at the idea. "Maybe I can even learn some." He mused softly all while still listening to her. Now his comment about beauty being more then skin deep wasn't meant to be mean or anything. "Yes all those are beautiful, but kindness, gentleness, caring of family, friends, loved ones, good hearted jokes, laughter, the question of a curious child... all of these are beautiful as well." His voice was serious but calm all at ones as he nodded his head. She meant they way things appeared was beautiful, he meant there are some personality traits and moments in general that where full of beauty.

Just like play. Playing was beauty as well and as he ran he danced on his toes like a clumsy newborn fawn just trying to find their footing for the first time. Laughing like a pup again he waved his tail at her. As she tried to grab it he wiggled it wildly. "Oh you almost, almost, oh oh ... no you got me, here I come." words rolled with joy and laughter from his jaws as he turner around on his paws before bouncing after her. Moving around the forest he aimed to boop her snout with his own by running around a tree. She was more graceful then him so his movements could probably be seen coming.

@Eidolon

Eidolon

4 y/o large Female

Her galaxy eyes sparkled, whirling with amused happiness as he titled her a Queen. Queen of the Fae. An illustrious title and surely not one she would ever wear, Eidolon was thrilled to simply share their world, to run with the faeries, to chase the dragons and to giggle as the imps ducked and hid in the hollows of their trees. Magic, to Eidolon, wasn't a power or a capability, it was belief. Belief in light, goodness, happiness, joy and a wonder beyond what was commonly accepted as reality. "What a wonderful thought! Queen of Fae and the limitations of imagination. I adore it." She giggled, her tail a banner of easy excitement that rippled through the air. He compared her to a crane and she laughed, delighted, whipping herself in a tight circle. A ball of pent up energy. "A delightful bird, though large and often slow, they cut a striking visage." She crooned. "Modesty is beauty. I am no better and no less than every other living thing. We all maintain a purpose." Eidolon hummed, her black eyes shining with subtle delight.

She settled down some as he asked her about magic and with a soft shake of her skull, she happily padded a bit closer to him. "Only since I traveled here have I been able to do things. Have my stripes taken a mind of their own and the creatures spring up like playful faeries, but magic is not a power or a singular act of wonder... it's like, it's wonder, it's innocence and it's joy. Magic is all around us, it always has been, you just have to learn to see it." Eidolon purred and moved to gently nudge his shoulder with playful abandon. He rattled off things he found beautiful and she giggled in delight, almost prancing as she bobbed her skull in agreement. "Yes, yes! Beauty is like magic, always there but rarely seen." Her own body was riddled with scars, a massacre of masochistic cruelty that ravished her flesh beneath those lovely stripes.

Conversation complete, they tore off in a playful run and Eidolon's wild laughter trickled back to him. Her lithe frame darted and weaved between the trees like an agile doe but her laughter was constant, a giggling burst of wild happiness that poured from her with enthusiastic delight. He whipped around a tree, moving to cut her off and Eidolon kept coming, half lunging, half rearing to hopefully capture him in a tight embrace with her forelimbs. If she succeeded they'd probably go tumbling through the dirt but Eidolon hardly cared. The point of this, all of this, was just to have fun.

"Magic is everywhere, as wild and untameable as the sea or a light breeze. "

"speaking"

Table by Centience.

@Gaius

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.