Que the Music. (AW)

Haidar

4 y/o xlarge Male
Sada, Female Island Fox
The first steps into this new land of promise seemed to bring back all the memories of the last few weeks. The anger that boiled in his chest was enough to make him not turn around and look back at what he left behind. He felt sorrowful to not want to be with his family anymore but the mission he was on had set him free. Free from the torment of his older brother and from the pale looking eyes of his sickly father. All his muscles bulged out at once remembering the last words from the snarky bastard. A growl rolled from his chest but he let it die there. His eyes glancing down the weird woodland pass. The trees letting in the last rays of the sun and the canopy being almost foreign to him. He was used to sandy deserts and rocky reaches of the earth.. Not this melting color blends of green and white landscape before him. Something felt larger than life about this place and it drew his curiosity even further in but a soft fear feathered around the edges of it. Something far greater then him and far more powerful hovered in the air and something about it embraced him, called him home, and whispered his name on the breeze. 

His eyes set on his paws as he took the first step, not realizing he had been holding his breath until it left his maw in a rush. Nothing.. He was expecting something scary to happen, something life altering and now he felt silly. Slowly he shook his head and moved farther in his body easily tracing the wild paths left by those before him. He reached the edges of land and trotted down to the lake edge. His nose lifting to scent for anything and he easily picked up prey. Its fearful scent covering the ground here but something else was here too.. Something he couldn't quite put his nose to. He focused on it, the scent seeming familiar but yet not, as if a switch had been turned on something about the wind around him felt different. He could feel the breeze that was very little earlier like a storm. The sound of it ruffling his ears and causing him to flinch at the sound. "What in the world.." He moaned and rubbed his head against his brown spotted shoulders. 

Quickly he tried to get away from that lake but the noise and weird aura of wind followed him. It took a full hour before he figured out that it was a new sense he'd picked up. The ability to feel the air moving around him. He could feel the energy radiating off trees and creatures. That energy traveling through the air around him and into his own body. It was a weird thing but after a while it became something he depended on. He easily felt the air now, able to deafen the noise of it in his ears and keep his brain from melting. Part of him wanted to explore the ability more.. what else it could do but his mission brought him back to the present. "Sameria.." He whispered out loud wondering where in this place she'd settled. Not that he really thought she'd settle anywhere but this was the place with the freshest clues. His head raised high and his ears flicked from left to right and then back. He hadn't the slightest idea where she would be.. Not in this weird place. 

Rioga

8 y/o xlarge Male
The journey had been long and rough, pain ached in places it had never ached in since the day he was trapped in the caves as a young male. He did not look back at his old home, each step taking him further away from the ruins of the dark forests that once held his family and friends. They were noble, but the fall was harsh and fast, and everything he once knew was gone before he could understand what had happened. With a low huff, he sat and slid the rest of his body to the ground in agonized slowness. The stiffness started to set in near the end of his journey, the old wound aching and the scar stiffening as the thick cord caused his back left leg to stop moving. The rest of his scars did not ache, even the ones from the dragon, they were simply there. As the beast rested he look at the lake and tried to imagine a new life far from his old one. But there was a nagging thought deep within his mind, one that simply would not go away.

With a deep sigh he stood and started to walk again, thinking of the family he left behind, most probably dead but one. She was the only family he knew he had left but nowhere in his travels had he found her again, over time he had lost his hope and simply learned to believe she might have died too. As he walked and paid no mind to where his thoughts consumed deeper into the worry and loss of one so special, it tore deep into his heart and his head dipped so low so his tusks skimmed the ground. It was not long before he stumbled, almost literally, near where someone else already was. Weariness and loss tugged at his bones and without thought, he slid back to the ground and huffed. A single, visible gold eye took in the other and he grunted. Another damned looking for a new place to call home to? His voice was low and rumbled, like thunder during a storm.

Haidar

4 y/o xlarge Male
Sada, Female Island Fox
His paws were on the move again, his body weaving through the under brush with ease. He was built for this kind of travel yet he'd practiced it most out in the open desert. He was following yet another path from the hill he looked over the place on but yet he hadn't seen what he was about to run into. His eyes were up and alert but yet the scent of the stranger took him by surprise and the beast itself made him jump. What in the world is that? He thought to himself with wide and uncertain eyes. The was beast huge with like six tail behind it and huge saber-like teeth. It spoke to him and bit of ease settled in his bones. Haidar couldn't bring himself to speak right away though. The sight of those tusk like things cause him to wonder what he'd just walked into. One those things could pierce straight through him and he wouldn't stand a chance. 

"I uh.." He mumbled while still fixated on those teeth but with a shake of his head he moved his gaze a little higher to the creature's eyes. An emotion lay there that he couldn't recognize. "D-damned? No. I'm just looking for my sister." He croaked. "I'm supposed to bring news of the family.." He trailed off still totally stuck on this fangs.. "Do you have trouble eating with those things..?" He asked out loud. His face changing from questionable to surprise like he couldn't believe he'd just sad that. "I'm sorry that was not for me to ask." He coughed and turned his head away from the stranger for a moment to recuperate his resolve. His ears caught a sound on the wind and it almost sounded like jewels clanking together but he dismissed it. When he did turn back to the stranger he finally noticed the look the wolf was carrying and part of him light up with excitement. "You wouldn't happen to be a treasure hunter would you?" He asked in a coy but excited tone. "Once I give my business to my sister.. I'm free to roam.."

Rioga

8 y/o xlarge Male
His expression was blank, watching the other males' eyes stare right at his tusks. They were massive things, heavy and wickedly sharp to the touch and perfect for slicing through meat. His lips lifted slightly away in a weird almost smile. He was the only one of his family who was born with the fangs, something they all thought came from deep in their family, a forgotten line. Either way, it was times like this he became very aware of how they must look to others and had to suppress a laugh. The male looked from his tusks to his eyes, or rather the only one he could see, nervousness was plain on his face as he stuttered for a response. It was odd, to say the least, even the wolves of the pack he once ruled had not stuttered to speak to him when he spoke, but this one wolf seemed twisted for thought. Pushing himself into a sitting position, he tilted he grand crown tot he right and stared silently, waiting.

Once the words actually came, a true smile broke his stoic expression, a small one, but true nonetheless. "Ah..I also seek my sister. She is the only family I have left from our old home." There was a quiet sigh to his rumbled words, a light wistfulness breathed in the undertones. Looking beyond the male he thought about her with a pang in his heart. She was blind, and even if she would argue with him, she needed help. But he would never say that to her face, she was strong and though the spirits stole her eyes... Suddenly he was ripped from the thoughts as the other spoke again and this time he laughed, a short barking sound and gave the other a quizzical look. "I can eat just fine with them. They sit far enough back for me to eat." He shrugged sharply, massive shoulders rising and falling, rippling short fur and showing glimpses of thickened scars.

"I would not say I am a treasure hunter, though I do not oppose such things. I enjoy an adventure of sorts if the time does allow." He gave the other an intense look and stood fully, tails swaying gracefully behind him. "My name is Rioga Alvar."

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.