[AW]  Tell me, is this Wonderland?

Rionach

1 y/o large Female

It was neither quiet nor calm on the earth tonight, although that was exactly as she liked it. There seemed to be an extra edge of wildness to a forest that she couldn't find anywhere else; the way the trees whispered, the night owls came out to hunt and play, the echo of a snapped branch from prey dancing through the grounds, the song of a bird through the dark, the scuttling of mice as they forage as if their life depended upon it. The yearling could linger in a forest for weeks and still not get bored, never want to leave the magic of it alone. Perhaps that was why she had felt so drawn to this forest's edge. It was as if their was string tied around her heart and it tugged her ever closer to pass the boundary between known and what she could only describe as forbidden.

Oh, but forbidden was so much better.

It was a chill spring morning, although one would actually suppose that it was dusk the way amber shone off every leaf, when she had passed into the woods. It was a day she would record forever in her own history. Something seemed to change at that point. Changed forever. It began subtly, she felt more awake, more present, more alive than she ever had before. That she put down to having a good nights rest. Her limbs felt reawakened, her tired muscles from a long journey now full of energy and she couldn't help but grin and laugh even though there was no one around her to bring such joy. That she put down to being a child and it not being the edge of spring, animals were waking up from hibernation and she was waking up from being in that sluggish winter mood. Then there was something she couldn't explain. If she was being honest, she didn't care, it was exciting! 

Purple smoke had begun to drift out from her under her paws, she could see green out of the corner of her eye as well but she was still a bit blurry from sleep. The yearling picked up one of her front paws to look under it, confused at the purple smoke, there were purple flowers that she was standing on, of course, she was disturbing the flower and they were puffing up some purple pollen...or something. Her laughter rose at that, a giddy little child who knew only joy at that moment. The black wolf darted off, running swift like the wind and zig-zagging through the trees, watching her paws the entire time as the purple smoke continued to dance and swirl behind her, her head kept low like a battering ram as she sprinted without any thought to her surroundings. "Pen lilla blomster lager pen lilla pollen! Pretty purple flowers give off pretty purple pollen!" Her sing song voice rose from her as she moved, repeated over and over. Whether the singing was any good, especially as she had to keep stopping halfway through to gasp in air, was up for debate.

Table @ Centience
Rionach speaks Norwegian as well as the common tongue, hover over the text to see translation.

Eileithyia

6 y/o medium Female
Atarah, Female Hummingbird

She wasn't sure how long she'd been exploring the corners of Nidria she didn't normally touch, and she wasn't exactly sure what had gotten under her skin to push her so far through Nidria. But that was all besides the point, for Elle didn't like to the ponder on the why's too much. Instead she just focused on the beautiful views around her, from the familiar view of the cherry blossom plantation to the strong sturdy oaks. And up through that narrow passage, each snippet of scenery just as awe inspiring as the next. Dhara knew of course, knew that she wanted to see more of Nidria, so there was no need for him to fret this time, and to accompany her? Her glowing little bird; Atarah. The woman flashed a smile up at the glowing bright blue body of her hummingbird, her wings a blur at the speed they moved as she zipped ahead. 

The morning was upon them as they reached the end of the passage, nearing the further outskirts of the land, places she never would have dared to venture as a child. Elle let out a big grin, broad paws pressing into the cool morning earth as Atarah zipped further ahead, weaving in between the trees, Elle would push her hefty frame to chase the light of her companion. A laugh echoing through the trees which golden rays of sun did shine through in thin streaks. "purple flowers give off pretty purple pollen!"  she would catch the tail end of the sing song words, olive audits flickering up through her sprint to try and locate the sound through the wind rushing past her face. Atarah! Can you find them? she thought, giggling lightly at the idea of this new game of hide and seek - only one of them knew they were playing. Atarah didn't utter a thought back to her, instead she simply zipped off as Elle slowed her pace, tongue lolling out of her maw as her chest heaved trying to catch her breath. Watching her blue light disappear through the trees. 

The tiny bird would come upon the frame of the dark woman weaving through the trees, with the dancing light of purple following her, and Atarah would dip down, buzzing around the womans neck and head in a few circles in hopes to playfully catch her attention. Here! Here! Atarah's voice would ring into Elle's thoughts. Which brought the stocky woman following the direction her bird beckoned her. Whether or not the woman stopped Atarah would stay on her tail, and should she stop, fly around the front of her face to investigate her further, until Elle padded through the trees coming into view. Her long braid dragging on the ground with a laugh."Not so close Atarah" she huffed through heavy breaths, that bird never understood personal space. "Well hello there," she would chime. The dark woman was taller than her by nature, but Elle usually held more mass to that of most woman. Her body was void of any mutations or unique colors, which was quite the opposite of what Elle had been used to. 

"elle speaking," | "Atarah speaking"

Table by Centience. Art by Nikkayla

Rionach

1 y/o large Female
The yearling had become lost long ago, her parents had told her 'Spring is coming again soon, you are Vårfødt, now is your time to be independent.' No room to argue. No room for her to beg her case, she was still but a kid, she barely knew how to hunt, she didn't want to be alone in the world! Their response? If she couldn't survive she wasn't fit to live. What a thing to tell your kid who put so much love, trust and loyalty into their relationship! She missed them so much, her heart ached at the thought of them as if the day was being relived. The young girl had gotten used to it though, by trying not to think about her past she had learnt that there is much beauty to find in the world and when she was alone she had no one to answer to. But also no one to talk to. She had wandered as a young girl might: aimlessly and finding joy wherever possible. Now she ran alone and, though she wouldn't admit it, afraid.

She stopped suddenly in her run, hind paws pushed under her body and pulling back with all her strength, so much so that she almost fell right back onto herself like a turtle. The purple was still drifting around her, she would have thought she'd be able to smell the flower from how much she was disrupting it, but ah well! She didn't know much about nature, who knew what flowers had a scent and what didn't. "Oh! Oh hei!" Ohhhhhh something was buzzing around her! Little flapping wings more like a blur, blue feathers, oh my! "So cool! Hei hei hei!" Birds usually ran away from her, this one wasn't, that's awesome! It was around her head, her neck, everywhere, blurring her vision so it was just full of blue and amber and green and purple but she couldn't distinguish between anything. Then it was in front of her face, hovering so close her eyes were beginning to cross over. "You're so friendly!" Rio sat down then, very unceremoniously as she literally just plopped her butt on the floor, her tail going crazy around her like the hummingbird's wings. Her mind was so focused on the bird, who came so close so unusual, that she forgot everything else around her. She was not in an unknown land, not surrounded by trees and plants and creatures and scents that she did not know. She was not alone. She was not lost. Instead her little heart was beating so fast and her grin was so wide, wide enough that she could no longer contain her tongue which flopped out, panting away as if she might burst. "Wanna be my friend little birdie? Vær så snill?" Her first friend! She poked her head out at the bird then, still panting away, stretching her neck as if she might try and boop her nose against its tiny tiny chest. 

Not so close Atarah"Ahhhh!" A little squeal rushed out of her, her body jumping up and away from the bird and her eyes wide with worry. What was that? Her little head snapped towards the voice, she hadn't heard someone speak to her in what felt like forever! The woman was laughing and breathing hard, she wasn't there to hurt Rio, obviously. Not that Rio was scared that she would be, of course not, the young wolf was strong and could look after herself... But that wasn't a woman. Was she hallucinating? Rio stood stock still staring at the green horned thing in front of her that had some sort of brown furry tail hanging down from her head. "Are you a god?" The words were whispered, her eyes wide with awe, though she didn't move any closer. The fear...uh, not fear, the confusion, yeah confusion, had dispersed now replaced with something that was unknown to her. She had heard her father tell her bed time stories when she was a pup of these godlike creatures who didn't look like normal wolves and could control the elements, they were who brought the flowers in spring and gave the sun its warmth and tugged it into the sky each day. The gods her father talked about were wolves them selves, he said there were just two and we were all modelled after them because they got lonely one day. They were just stories to help her sleep at night though. "Should I bow?" Oh dear, should she even be talking to gods? But the god-woman spoke to her first! She was speaking to her right and not the bird? Oh the bird! "Did you see the bird? It came so close! It was so cool!" No, Rio, no! Can't speak to god-woman like that! Her tail was back to thumping heavily on the floor, picking up discarded sticks and broken leaves as it did so. Her heart was going a thousand beats a minute, what the hell was going on? Purple smoke, the amber light looking slightly alive if she focused on it too much, the way she felt so much more awake as soon as she passed the trees, now a green stocky woman-wolf-thing with horns on her head and a brown tail that was at the opposite end of her body than it was supposed to be, and was the humming bird glowing or was it just way more blue than usual? "I'm dreaming aren't I?" That was the only reasonable explanation. Right? But she didn't want it to all be a dream. She felt...at peace. Happy. Her facial features dropped at that point, the wide panting grin replaced with a disappointed smile and her tail slowly faltering in its excitement. She'd wake soon. "I don't remember falling asleep." The dream was the only reason that she didn't fall flat on her face and faint at the sight of a green wolf. A green wolf! Come on. That must be fake. 

Table @ Centience
Rionach speaks Norwegian as well as the common tongue, hover over the text to see translation.

Eileithyia

6 y/o medium Female
Atarah was having too much fun it seemed, if there was such a thing, weaving around the girl as she cheered out in her excitement. "Wanna be my friend little birdie? Vær så snill?"  Atarah gave a tilt of her head, hovering there in front of her as the woman reached out allowing her to gently bump her chest with her nose. But as Elle approached, chastising her for her inconsiderate nature when it came to new comers the bird zipped off. 

"Ahhhh!" Elle found her own audits drawing back in surprise at the shrill squeal lurched from the large womans soot maw, while at the same time her body lurched, jumping up. She quickly began to grow slightly concerned about the other woman, had she frightened her? She didn't want to give the poor thing a heart attack. Carefully she would take a step back, worry lining her face as Atarah zipped back over to her zooming past the stranger, settling gently upon one of the Elle's wooden tines. Tucking her bright wings against her sides as the bird attempted to catch her own breath all while continuing to watch the stranger inquisitively. "Are you a god?"  the words fell from the girls lips at a whisper in awe, and Elle couldn't help herself as she laughed shaking her head. Unable to wrap her mind around why the girl would even think such a thing; Dhara thought so, but well - that was different. 

"Should I bow?" the other woman pressed, Elle chuckled "Oh no, there's no need - i'm certainly no god " she tried to assure her, just as the girl got distracted. "Did you see the bird? It came so close! It was so cool!" Oh, Atarah. Look what you'd done now she thought, getting the stranger all excited, although Eileithyia couldn't help but appreciate her enthusiasm regarding Atarah's bold nature as the sound of the girls thumping tail drummed in Elle's ears. "Yes, Atarah is...quite friendly; some times a little bit too much" she admitted, tossing a glance - though she couldn't see Atarah from where she sat upon her crown, but she shot her a playful look anyway. "I'm dreaming aren't I?" she couldn't help but frown a little, giving a light tilt of her head in her confusion. "I don't remember falling asleep." well...neither did she. She wasn't dreaming she was certain of it. And if this wasn't real Elle would of had of been asleep well - right? Casually Elle lowered herself upon her haunches, flopping most un-lady lake onto one hip in a lazed sit. "Now why would you think that?" she inquired curiously, letting her paws sink into the cool earth to feel for just how real it was. "I'm definitely not dreaming, I woke up this morning" she added with a little chuckle.
"Elle speaking" | "Atarah speaking"

Rionach

1 y/o large Female
Everything was so confusing right now, the young wolf could barely wrap her mind around what was going on. As soon as she began to reach for an explanation it ran from her reaching hands, dispersing with the morning wind and leaving her groping after some sort of reasoning. She had no one around her to trust that everything was alright, no, she didn't need anyone. She was an adult now! Well, close enough to one. So why was it that she had no idea what was going on? She kept her attention focused on the bird as it zoomed about and finally settled on the god-woman's antlers. She laughed at Rio's question, why, it was a perfectly good question. She couldn't be the only one who thought the woman was too...otherworldly. "Not a god? ...Not a god" At first it started as a question, but slowly lead down to a hesitant whisper, her blackened brows furrowing together as she tried to piece together this puzzle. The young wolf sat staring at the god-woman as she tried to backtrack the last few days until she reached to this point again, yet, there was no answer that came to mind. Surely, surely, if there were wolves - real wolves - out in the world who looked like the rose from the earth itself her parents would have told her? Right?

Yes, Atarah is...quite friendly; some times a little bit too much. Atarah, what a pretty name! She was getting off track again, oh but she couldn't help it. "How'd you get...Atarah to be so comfortable around you? I've never seen a bird like her!" Rio seemed to forget everything again, distracted as usual. She stood up from the ground, her thick tail stuck to a large stick and it clung to her as she walked dragging against the ground and creating a little indent, she edged a little closer to the pair her maw spread wide in a smile and her eyes locked more on the bird than the god-woman (no matter what the other wolf said she was stuck on that idea). Now why would you think that? The words brought her out of her reverie to stare wide eyes again, she hadn't even noticed the woman has settled herself down not that it mattered since Rio was edging closer anyway and, if the other wolf didn't back off, she only stopped when, if she decided to, she could reach out with her paw and touch the smaller god-woman. "I'm a little confused." She eventually admitted, plopping herself back down perhaps a little too much in the other wolf's personal space. The wide smile had slowly fallen from her maw and though she was still at ease (her hammering heart may have said something different but she was a little too confused to really think about it) the laughter and joy had also left her voice. "You don't look like any wolf I've seen before," Not that there was a wide variety there, she had only really seen her parents and litter-mates. "And...and, well I don't know! I started running around having fun because purple was rising from the ground and it came from the flowers, I think it came from the flowers, so I was trying to make more appear. It was pretty. And then the bird arrived and I was so happy that it...that she came so near! Then I saw you and I have to be dreaming because...because...well, you're green! Like the grass! And you have antlers like a deer! I mean, you're very pretty..." The words rushed out of her like a torrent of wind, barely stopping to take a breath. Those last words weren't uttered quite so loud, if she could blush her cheeks would have been bright red as she became slightly sheepish.

It was perhaps a little too obvious that she hadn't spoken to another one of her kind in quite a while.
Table @ Centience

Eileithyia

6 y/o medium Female
"Not a god? ...Not a god" she didn't understand the girls surprise to be completely honest, the way her voice began with inquisition the question fading into a soft realization. Elle's audits would draw back as guilt began to seep into her heart, she sounded so...disappointed. But she couldn't bring herself to lie either, Nidria was a wondrous place, but she was not nearly as wondrous as the stories she'd heard of the gods themselves. The womans brows knitted together as she watched the girls face change, trying to gather the information she had offered her, why didn't she understand though? Wait...out..outsiders! That's right, Elle had met them before. Though few and far between as they were they were still very much a thing in Nidria these days it seemed. Oh dear. 

She was certainly glad to have the conversation change, enjoying how the girls face came to brighten again at the talk of her little bird. "How'd you get...Atarah to be so comfortable around you? I've never seen a bird like her!" she smiled, pondering for a moment while the girl rose to inch closer, on how she would explain it. Assuming, now that she'd pieced together that this was most likely an outsider - how would she explain familiars? Elle smiled up as the girl reached out to try and touch her leaning forward so that she could. There was a lingering pause, allowing the girl time to process and perhaps solidify the fact that this was real and not a dream. "I'm a little confused." Elle nodded, now that she understood she could see that. "You don't look like any wolf I've seen before," she waited, she felt like there was more coming. 

"And...and, well I don't know! I started running around having fun because purple was rising from the ground and it came from the flowers, I think it came from the flowers, so I was trying to make more appear. It was pretty. And then the bird arrived and I was so happy that it...that she came so near! Then I saw you and I have to be dreaming because...because...well, you're green! Like the grass! And you have antlers like a deer! I mean, you're very pretty..."

She took a breath, apparently she had some explaining to do for this new comer. She didn't entirely understand, why there weren't wolves like her elsewhere in the world or why they didn't have familiars, Nidria was all she knew. But she could only assume this woman didn't know such things. And she would have her own questions for the girl — but first.... "I take it you're not from around here..." she began, glancing up at the womans dark mask for a sign of confirmation. "Where to start..." she hummed. "I suppose Atarah...ok, well here, she's called a familiar, they're our friends. Companion animals that every wolf here in Nidria gets to bond with...we're a part of each other, Atarah is; well she's a piece of me, we're two peas in a pod" she explained with a small laugh at the end. Sighing glancing up to try and catch the girls response. Her nose twitched, a stag...the light, of course "We um, we also have what we call magick...I saw the purple trailing your paws, but it isn't from the flowers...it's from you" she sighed, oh goodness, how would she handle this? She imagined it was a lot. Her nose would drop slightly, trying to make contact with the womans bright eyes of blue, to hold them, her voice beginning as a whisper. She was still in awe by the gods blessings "Legend says the magick of Nidria comes from the gods and is tied to the land...Thesan - the god of light has blessed you with his element" she shifted slightly, giving the girl a chance to process what she'd said.

Rionach

1 y/o large Female
The young wolf had a lot to learn it would seem, the older woman was kind and gentle but everything the Rio said to her seemed to bring out a reaction that was just as confused as her own. The paw that reached out was hesitant, though when the woman leaned into it and the feeling of real fur and a living soul touched her she could no longer deny the fact that this was not a dream. Although. as much as she could no longer deny it, it was still so much to wrap her head around. Perhaps it would not have been so hard if she had travelled the world more before stumbling upon this place, seen others, done more. Slowly though, so very very slowly, her mind closed around the concept that this god-woman was no god at all, neither was she a being who walked in Rio's dreams, she was but another wolf born in a different place, a place where perhaps Rio herself was the odd one out. That she could accept. With that acceptance her head began to nod to itself, as if agreeing with everything she had seen up until now, even though accepting something was not the same as understanding something but that didn't seem to matter to the girl.

The jord-dames - for that seemed to fit better than god-woman - breath perked up Rio's ears, an anxiousness for answers to what was going on spread through her, her tail making a slow wave behind her and she seemed to hold her breath for what was to be said next. I take it you're not from around here... A small shake of her dark head in confirmation, she was quite now (what an unusual thing for her to be!) for there was an idea niggling at her brain saying this was important. Listen and listen well. I suppose Atarah...ok, well here, she's called a familiar, they're our friends. Companion animals that every wolf here in Nidria gets to bond with...we're a part of each other, Atarah is; well she's a piece of me, we're two peas in a pod. She didn't really understand it all, not that she would say that aloud of course, but the woman's small laugh brought a smile to her own lips. Not a joyous grin that seemed to stick with her but a small smile to match the small laugh. She could see how the other kept glancing at her for some sort of response, but the only response Rio seemed to be capable of right now was that gentle smile on her lips, a wide, awestruck and disbelieving look to her eyes and a promise not to laugh and run off as if this was all some sort of joke. A companion animal couldn't too unusual could it, they were friends, Rio could understand that, she loved friends! Not that she had any herself yet, but she would make some! Why couldn't other animals be their friends too? Rio didn't quite grasp that when she said bond that it was more than just a bond of friendship, and that the bird quite literally was a part of the jord-dame, she could only quite grasp that they were friends. Good friends. That was about it. She didn't say that though. Not yet. She was taught that questions were always asked after the other had finished speaking, it was only polite. Not that she always listened to that rule, sometimes she couldn't help herself and the questions just burst out of her. She was, quite literally, biting her tongue at this point to remain quiet. We um, we also have what we call magick...I saw the purple trailing your paws, but it isn't from the flowers...it's from you. Legend says the magick of Nidria comes from the gods and is tied to the land...Thesan - the god of light has blessed you with his element. That was where Rio couldn't hold back the disarray that was her mind anymore. Her eyes narrowed, not out of distaste but as if the woman was the one confused. Her mouth opened once as if to say something then closed again. She was silent as her eyes drifted away from the wolf in front of her to lose focus on the trees behind the jord-dame, then slowly they lowered down to the ground her face twitching the entire time as if her mind trying to accept what was being said, the cogs themselves twitching and staggering, was visible. Finally her gaze rested on her paws, since she had remained still for quite some time the purple had gathered to almost cover the darkness from her entirely, smoke rinsing into the air and drifting away on the wind. That confidence that was strong in her wavered slightly. 

The silence seemed to last forever in Rio's mind though it couldn't have lasted more than few heartbeats. She eventually rose her gaze to settle on to the blue eyes of the other. "Familiars...magick...Nidria...Thesan." No more than a whisper, she was trying the words on her own tongue, getting a taste for them as if it took effort for her mouth to form them. Rio flopped onto her side, the little flop you might watch a rabbit do if you hid well enough though hers was a lot more defeated. A rock was pushing hard against her skin just below her ribs but she didn't move. "You're saying...-" A smile, more like her old grin, eyes bright and still stuck on the other's beseeching her, that all this might actually be true and oh my! This was all fairy-tale stories! Ones she was told as a pup, magick and gods have always been a part of another world that was woven by someone's imagination, not reality. "That I can do...that I have...that there is magick? And I can make friends with other animals not just wolves and they'd stick around like Atarah does with you?" No, of course not, not real. Her head hurt. Nothing seemed to fit with what she had been told from her parents. "Everyone can? There are more of you? That look like you? And magick. Magick!" she didn't rise but she laughed, pure, perhaps a little crazy, laughter. "You can do it then?" Her brows furrowed trying to remember everything she told her. Something about light, this Thesan being the god of light. How many were there and of what? Was she light as well. No, don't be stupid. Even Rio called her jord-dame. "Lemme guess...you're earth!" Rio jumped up from her position on the ground and backwards before beginning to tiptoe around in circles. Perhaps it looked like she took the news well, perhaps it looked as if she had gone a little insane. In reality Rio just thought that it was better to go along with it. Her parents always said she had a strong imagination, yet, no matter how much this was a little weird she couldn't exactly not believe it anymore. It seemed as real as everything else. Wait. Wait. "Can you show me, please?" She didn't exactly calm down but she stood still, it was a request not a demand, she would feel no different if the woman said no. Well, perhaps a little disappointed but nothing more. 

Even if this was the most realistic dream ever it was definitely the best!
Table @ Centience

Eileithyia

6 y/o medium Female

Soft eyes would linger upon the girl, searching, looking for how the younger woman might be processing all of the information she had given her, it was a lot - and she knew that. Naive as she was, she couldn't imagine the discovery of magick being an easy thing for someone to process. It was quite an incredible thing; and normal she supposed for her and the other natives of Nidria, but she had to accept that not everyone was from here - and she wondered in the back of her mind what other places could be like. Elle remained quiet, silently observing the darker woman, the way her face contorted, visibly struggling to comprehend the information she'd had placed before her. Quietly green audits would draw back slightly, she kind of felt bad. Was it too much? Maybe she'd overwhelmed her. Soft teal eyes would flicker rising with the other woman as she rose, a small smile touching her lips - well that was a good sign. "Familiars...magick...Nidria...Thesan." came the words, a mere breath upon the air. She would offer only a small - encouraging nod, angling her head down to try and get a look at the womans eyes. 

A small gasp was audible from Elle's maw as the girl suddenly flopped onto her side head drawing back, oh no, she'd broken her. "You're saying...-" But the smile that immediately stretched upon her dark maw brought a rush of relief. Slowly her audits drew upon her crown, nestling between her wooden growths. "That I can do...that I have...that there is magick? And I can make friends with other animals not just wolves and they'd stick around like Atarah does with you?" she smiled now brighter, chuckling and nodding, the thick fur upon her head flopping with the movement. "Yes exactly!" she chimed. "You only get one companion though, but they'll be your dearest friend" she added with a smile. Her thoughts drifting to Dhara, and while of course she loved the man dearly, he was not a fragment of her very soul."Everyone can? There are more of you? That look like you? And magick. Magick!" she chuckled again, the laughter emanating sweetly from her chest. "Yes, oh you should come and meet Dhara - he's a dear....friend - of mine" she lingered sweetly on the word friend, unsure if that's exactly what they were anymore. Perhaps more...

"You can do it then?" the girls voice interrupted her thoughts, teal eyes drawing back to rest upon her bright eyes of blue. "Magick? Yes" she smiled. "Lemme guess...you're earth!" Elle nodded with a smirk, "Yes, very clever! But not all wolves look like their affinity, you must use your nose and listen to your gut!" she added, smirking at the girl as she danced around her, lifting from her haunches with a soft laugh. "Can you show me, please?" she could of almost swore she heard a 'with a cherry on top' in there somewhere beneath the words. "Mm, alright alright" she agreed with a smile. 

Teal eyes would drift then, nose turning from side to side as she scanned the earth around them, no talking to a tree wouldn't be enough for this display, that would just make her look mad. But...ah! That would do it, seating herself once more, the woman would take a breath, inhaling deeply to focus her magick drawing it up from her core and down through her right leg and into her paw. Casually lifting her paw from the earth she rotated it then, making small circles around the earth and - slowly gradually so the stem of a new plant would break through the soil. She continued to pull and pull, breathing more energy into the life she had created and it grew taller and taller, leaves of rich green sprouting from the stem as it began to bud at the top. A bright yellow center opening into soft white petals as the daisy bloomed. Her focus dropped, content with her creation her eyes danced back up to the woman with a smile setting her paw back down. 

"elle speaking," | "Atarah speaking"

Rionach

1 y/o large Female
The quietness of the woman and the encouraging nods during the small moments Rio took to process everything was more useful than she could express, it allowed time for the inner workings of her mind to sort through everything calmly, to really look at everything that was going on and not instantly throw it away as something crazy and too unreal to be...well real. It unnerved the young girl slightly to see those bright blue eyes crowned with earthen antlers and long, flowing hair search out her own, as if she was some new experiment to be studied or some animal caught in a perpetual moment of fight or flight, yet, at the same time her own eyes would long for the woman's for it gave her a sense of familiarity. Eased her heart and mind as if the she-wolf herself was some symbol of softness and safety. 

She was an entire tempest of emotions at this point and she could not focus on just one, they rushed through her as if she was some sandcastle a young child decided to dance through. Yes exactly! Oh, Rio liked that! She really, really did. You only get one companion though, but they'll be your dearest friend. The limit to one did not phase her, not really, not if that one would be as close to her soul as the flowers on a branch were as close to the tree as nothing else. She had seen the way the jord-dame interacted with little Atarah, they did not seem to worry too much about what they didn't have, in truth, Rio was envious of them, even in this short encounter. She was also happy that they were happy so she tried to focus on that feeling instead, though it was hard. Yes, oh you should come and meet Dhara - he's a dear....friend - of mine. There was something she left unspoken in that statement, something she had hidden under the surface but no matter how many times Rio repeated the woman's words in her head she could not discover what was missing. She could not describe how she had said them, it was like the feeling the scent of lavender gave you, the sensation of the summer sun against your back or of waking to the chirping of spring birds, yet the young girl had no word to put to such a thing. "Truly?" Her voice broke on that word, not only was the woman not turning her back on Rio but she was also giving knowledge, an invitation, to more friends. "I would love that, I hope he likes me." For some reason she wanted this woman's approval, and if this man was so dear to her than Rio wanted his approval too, as if this stranger and a man she had never met were more dear to her than her own family. 

Yes, very clever! But not all wolves look like their affinity, you must use your nose and listen to your gut! She would have shouted with glee at being right and being praised for it if only she hadn't caught the more important part of the sentence. Rio cocked her head at that, nose shrivelling slightly before she took in a big, long, overdramatised sniff of the air. She could smell the earth, that of fresh dirt and lively grass, but she was surrounded in such things. That just meant she would have to go out and sniff at others. "A new experiment has begun!"

Rionach was patient, as patient as she could be on toes that would not stop tip-tapping and the thrill of getting to see real life magick before her very eyes coursing through her like lightning. She watched full of anticipation as woman sat down, took in a breath, and raised her paw. At first she was merely curious, gazing at the ground underneath the spinning paw, but as the fragile new stem started to push through Rio's chest was on the ground in an instant, her butt still in the air, and her eyes locking on the abnormally fast growing stem. That set it in stone: she was completely enraptured by the woman and would have done anything for her at that very moment. "That was so cool! Her eyes kept flicking back and forth between the woman and the daisy, she could barely believe her eyes and yet it had happened right in front of them. "You're awesome! That was awesome! This is awesome!" She wondered how the woman had done it, was there an already growing seedling below the surface or had she brought something to life out of nothing? Could she grow a full grown tree? What about making things move, would vines listen to her? Oh, there was so much to discover! As if a sudden thought came to mind Rio dropped her face to look at her own paw and the swirling purple light, she tried to feel it as if it was a part of her - although it was - and, well she didn't exactly know what she was trying to do. Or what she could do in fact. The most she got out of it, though, was the light pulsating very slightly, one moment a bright purple and the next the faded pastel colour it usually was. Disappointment rushed through her and, as if on instinct or some childish part of her looking out for someone to make it all feel alright, she looked up and tried to find the gentle gaze of the woman, as if those soft blue eyes of hers could make Rio feel better. "What can I call you?"
Table @ Centience

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.