[AW]  Memories of Autumn

Ignis

of

1 y/o small Male
Pele, Female Vulturine Parrot
© Lyca
Even Ignis wasn’t aware of the way the fur along his back prickled in apprehension when Anastasia announced that she would give him a demonstration. And he seemed to open his mouth to protest before Pele gave his ear a soft peck. The boy seemed to glance at her for a moment as she gave him a look that said ‘just watch.’ And so he did. 

He stared with bated breath as Anastasia began to steady her own, closing her eyes. He could see the way her body seemed to relax as she did so. He observed quietly as Anastasia seemed to conjure her fire from thin air, nothing but a tiny wisp encircling her paw. Once again, without realizing he was doing it he found himself leaning forward, eyes wide with a child-like wonder as she lifted her paw into the air, the little wisp of flame following. The boy continued to stare, watching the way it seemed to flicker and dance in place neatly on top of Anastasia’s paw, even as she began to speak. 

A heartbeat… Without all the elements, none of us would be here; fire is no exception. He seemed to echo her words in his own head. 

“Mm…,” he hummed uncertainly. Ignis finally broke his gaze away from the little flame, but he could still see it in his mind: the way it breathed, the way it flickered. “I-I... ,” he paused, choosing his words carefully as he looked down at his paws. His expression suddenly looked tired, sad, and… frustrated at the same time. 

“M-My fire. I-I… don’t think i-it’s… it’s like that. A-At all…”

"Ignis speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art @ Lunicea

Anastasia

Advisor of Dei Gratia

9 y/o medium Female
© Centience
Anastasia Orelia

She'd hardly noticed him moving closer initially, until he was nearly upon her, eagerly closing the gap between them like a babe watching how their mother ran and played when they could barely walk. His bright eyes stared in awe, lost in the trance of her magick, of her little flame that hovered delicately; quietly above her sandy paw. She smiled, allowing him to take all the time he might want to observe and sit there with her in the beautiful silence of his wonder. He hummed, as if in appreciation for the virtue that had blossomed before him. But then he tore his gaze away, and she felt her own ears falling back slightly. His words came out in a stammer of uncertainty, no...don't shy away Ignis, please; she thought as broken syllables fell from dark lips“I-I... ,”

He began to collapse before her, his eyes falling further down as his facial expression shifted to awe and wonder to that of agony and frustration — and pain. “M-My fire. I-I… don’t think i-it’s… it’s like that. A-At all…” Anastasia sighed, the little flame upon her paw dissipating in the air as she slowly lowered herself onto her belly before him. Cautiously she reached out, giving him the opportunity to move away from her if he so desired. She stretched her nose out, attempting to gently catch his chin so that she might lift his head. "No..." she cooed, "Of course it's like that my dear," she tried to assure him through soft lyrics. "Will you let me show you? It will take time...but we'll go slow..ok? What do you say?" she hummed softly, trying to find his eyes even if just for a moment so he could see the honesty that lived within her own. 

"Please...Ignis, you don't have to be alone anymore...let's help each other" she offered, he would be helping her too, saving her from the loneliness of her life as a rogue. 

"speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art by starry--knight @ DA

Ignis

of

1 y/o small Male
Pele, Female Vulturine Parrot
© Lyca
One of the boy’s ears tilted towards Anastasia as she sighed and he tensed, he wasn’t sure why. Was she frustrated? Upset? Annoyed? He was… afraid to look up at her. Afraid of what he’d see there despite how kind she’d been. Why? He couldn’t even answer the question himself and he could smell the smokey scent that the steam from his maw was turning into, the way his breathing seemed to rapidly escalate. 

Then… all at once the thoughts that were racing like whirlwinds in his head seemed to stop as Anastasia touched him and it didn’t take much force to get her to lift his head. Before he knew it he was starting into the soft pink hues of the woman’s gaze, listening carefully to the words that cascaded from her maw. 

He didn’t move away, the longer her gentle words reached his ears the more his thoughts seemed to slow, the more tension that eased from his body. His glowing eyes, which had become brighter than they were before, seemed to dim slightly. 

Help? No one had ever wfanted to help him before... 

“I…,” he paused, as if searching for the right words as his ears tilted back. “O-Okay…,” he mumbled quietly, his eyes lidded and shifted to the side, suddenly feeling embarrassed with how long he’d been staring into Anastasia’s pale rose depths.

"Ignis speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art @ Lunicea

Anastasia

Advisor of Dei Gratia

9 y/o medium Female
© Centience
Anastasia Orelia

His head came easily, with only but a small amount of pressure against the underside of his chin he moved with her. His fiery depths rising to meet her hues of soft carmine, she smiled, allowing him to soak up the words she was saying. Allowing him time to think and process, she slowly removed her nose from his chin, drawing back so they could see each other more easily. She studied his face, searching for the truth behind his ebony coat, watching for a signal within his facial features that he would be accepting of her. Enough to allow them to travel together and learn together. 

To be able to give each other the chance to call one another friend, although the feelings that were beginning to bud for the boy was different than a friendship. He was much younger than her, a child with no one to guide him. She had never gotten the blessing of motherhood, but an attachment to him could be seen in their future at least; in her eyes. She wanted to protect him, guide him, teach him. Give him all the things his family clearly didn't. She wanted to lift him up, bestow upon him confidence and see him grow into the young man she saw beneath the frail boy. She wanted him to succeed. 

“O-Okay…,” she smiled, offering an approving nod as his eyes pulled away from hers she slowly rose. "Come then..." the woman cooed. "I believe we should find a place to settle down for the time being" she added gently, assuming he would follow she slowly rotated on her broad paws - the red gate, while beautiful, didn't feel like home. 

-exit-

"speaking,"

Table by Centience. Art by starry--knight @ DA

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.