Syn Cardrys [pack concept]

Sol Nidri

of

9 y/o large Male
© etkri

SYN CARDRYS
The Heirs of Sun and Wing

An outsider tribe, relocating due to crises, have begun to descend the Obsidian Cliffs and find themselves imbued with new magickal powers inside Nidria. Theirs is an ancient lifestyle, rich in cultural traditions, societal statuses, and deeply embedded with drama. Lawful Neutral, they do not meddle with the moral compass, but rather dance the political game with deft toes. The Cardrys take pride in opulence, status, and vanity - who your family is, as well as the extravagance of your appearance - can make or break you. 

PLEASE READ the Google Doc to view all pack details, including overview, ranks, culture, events, and even their extensive history. Not everything is posted below...

Also join the Discord if you'd like to chat, plot, and even brainstorm with me!

DEITIES
  • Their sacred homeland primarily worshiped their god of fire, Xiuhcoatl, who personally presided over their territory. He breathed life and passion into his peoples and defended them from impure outsiders.
  • Xiuhcoatl's father Zhul, the god of the sun and light, was also acknowledged.
  • As they lost their lands after such turmoil, it is up to the players of original Syn Cardrys members to determine whether they have renounced these gods and/or if they are embracing Nidria’s gods.
  • At this time, there are no "official" or "required" deities to worship, as the tribe is in an odd limbo state. This may change ICly...
BULLET POINTS
  • We are considering the Floating Islands as the territory, depending on whether or not we want to focus on winged wolves and/or owl affinities. (culturally it'd make sense, but I don't want to be too limited if people want to join)
  • Lawful Neutral.
  • Fire itself is holy, pure energy. It is living, breathing, growing. Hello fox affinities!
  • They spent centuries selectively breeding their own species into being, the Aviari - wolves of stupendous plumage, wings, or bird-like features. Considered a holy project to better emulate their deities. 
  • Style isn’t just cool, it is integral to their culture. How one looks speaks volumes of their status, their contributions, and the efforts they’re willing to exert in order to take care of themselves. You're expected to go to outrageous lengths to ensure you look fab.
  • They have an Honors System -  a scar/tattoo system meant to mark status, both positive and negative, for those who earn them.
  • There is no good or evil. Those are merely concepts put out there by those wishing to impose guilt upon others to convince them to act a certain way. Syn Cardrys arrogantly thinks themselves above this, and simply focuses on preserving their culture and advancing their collective status.
  • Syn Cardrys is entering Nidria from an extensive history of isolation and xenophobia. While the civil war and strife that followed may force a change of heart for many, there is still the risk of some looking down upon outsiders or cling to the old gods.
  • They divide their territory based on socioeconomic statuses. The lower on the totem pole you are, the less access you have to certain regions.
  • In their homeland, they were obsessed with and highly revered their animal companions - which were reflective of their ranks and social status. Due to their civil war, and subsequent plague and exodus, it is presumed that all animal companions have perished before entering Nidria, leaving holes in hearts. They will likely develop a quest or ritual for claiming a new familiar.

I would be leading this group with Sol Nidri, and would like to get both a small cluster of OG Syn Cardrys as well as maybe some Nidrian natives who can teach them the ways of these lands. As for what gods they worship, I want to develop that ICly based on the characters who end up joining, could be some great conflict or drama.

If you have questions, suggestions, or ideas, please hit me up here or in the discord. I probably have the answers, just forgot to post them lol

ooc » notes
table © freakshow

Hickory

of

0 y/o medium Male
Yvette, Female Red flying fox
©
where's the like button i need to like the fuck outta this

Sol Nidri

of

9 y/o large Male
© etkri
hickory i’m going to kindly request that you watch your fucking language.
also i love you

Kii

of

y/o xsmall Male
©
Depending on how the pup apps go on the 10th I think Cent said, I may have someone for this. Regardless, even if I get that pup I'll work one of my current kids in there. >3

Sol Nidri

of

9 y/o large Male
© etkri
yessss Kii we are overdue for some threads and plots! <3

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.