[M]  Tales of the Bogeyman

Ryslen

Shadowbeast of Nidria

8 y/o xlarge Male
Alcatraz, Male Raven
© Shadow

A giant red wolf stalked through the calmer part of the river, waterlilies stark white against a blood red and pitch black pelt. Shadows swirled about the darkest bits, bobbing through the water and pooling at the male's thick, corded legs. The water rippled and splashed in every direction, droplets literally the monstrous male's coat as he made he was across. 

Contemplation touched his maw, a strange thing twisted about his countenance so used to smirks and devilish grins.

Ryslen was a wolf of many faces. To some, a monster, known for his slaughter of anyone in his way or just...there. To others, a lover, bringing pleasure and pain in ways they could never have dreamed without his skilled touch. To most, a shadow, a legend, a bogyman, a cautionary tale told to young pups being tucked into their dens at night. "Beware the red beast, he'll easily kill you as fast as he'll smile at you."

He enjoyed every second of it. He enjoyed being an enigma, an unknown. The thrill of new discovery and the fickle pleasure of tricking some poor soul. It brought him joy.
But something was stirring in the great brute's skull, churning and whirling like the shadows that clung to his fur.

He stilled, ripples fanning out before stilling, save for the small current flowing downstream. The red monster craned his neck, dipping it to the water as his dark lips parted. Pink tongue darting out, he lapped at the cold water beneath him, glowering golden eyes glaring at the distorted reflection of himself.

He didn't care. He never had. That was how he lived. Unattached.

But what if he did care about something?

"Ryslen speaking," | "Alcatraz speaking"

Table and art by Centience.

Dixie

of

1 y/o small Female
© Ginga

She was soooo bored. Her day had been spent travelling from the lower region to the northern. She was half way there she guessed but thus far this adventure was full of nothing. It didn't even have any old scents or even a lead on that stupid snail she was supposed to capture. She wailed out in a soft whiny way. Her head shaking dramatically as she collapsed in a heap near the tree line. She waited there with her head in her paws as if thinking maybe something would come to rescue her from her bored status but there wasn't. Only silence echoed back at her from the horrid display. 

With a sigh the poor thing stood and began to walk again her heart crushed. Her head was lowered as she left the safety of the trees. It didn't take long for the sound of running water to trickle into her ears and a bit of excitement began to pull back into her heart. "Yes! Thats what I'll do. I'll play in the water." She giggled and ran toward the sound. Her giggling got louder and louder as she got closer and closer to the river. It almost sounded like the giggle of a mad woman by the time she got to them pebbled edges. 

The giggling abruptly came to a dead halt as she set her eyes on the red beast in the river. Its coat reminding her of the stories her mother told her about the shadow massacre. A single wolf taking out multitudes of others by slipping in and out of the shadows. Slowly she tried to withdraw, her pelt bristling a bit and her maw reaching into her pack for a needle-like dart with the sleepy purple flowers in them. She hadn't tried them out yet but if she needed a quick get away she would have them at least. As her paw stepped down an caused the pebbles to cascade into the river loudly she froze and waited for the beast to turn its head. He maw still holding onto the dart, only she was holding it too tight and the needle broke in her mouth. 

With a surprised yelp the liquid stuck to her tongue even against the effort to spit the thing as far from her as she could. The effects of the drugged concoction working their magics and causing the world around her to blur. She waited for the darkness to take her but instead she remained groggy and began to stumble around instead.  She stumbled back a bit and flopped onto her rear with her legs kicked out in front of her, only her front paws able to keep her from fully falling over. "If you don't mind.. I would ask a favor.." She waited for a maybe a few seconds before replying very intoxicated, "I would appreciate if I could go out of this world sober and yes I know who you are shadow beast." She giggled. 

Ryslen

Shadowbeast of Nidria

8 y/o xlarge Male
Alcatraz, Male Raven
© Shadow

The red mass of male's thoughts were put on pause when a loud "splash" erupt from behind him. No prey animal was dumb enough to come anywhere near him when his presence was this uncontrolled. Only one of his great eyes turned to look toward the sound, the rest of him remaining as he was. His shadows shot forward, ready to ensnare whatever create had been foolish enough to try and sneak up on their "master."
With a flick of his tail, water droplets flinging in every direction, the shadows stood down as another splash, this one much louder than the first...as if a body had fallen into the river. 

The great red beast was grinning.

"If you don't mind.. I would ask a favor.." the voice, belonging to whomever had fallen into the water rushed. She gave barely a pause before barreling on. "I would appreciate if I could go out of this world sober and yes I know who you are shadow beast." She was giggling. 

Well, if that hadn't been a mawfull. 

Shadowbeast. He hadn't heard that one in a while. He couldn't remember who started that one. 
He took her silence after her rushed request that that was all she was asking for. The "Shadowbeast" finally turned, inspecting the creature -- hindquarters in the air -- and laughed. Belted, if it could be believed. The sound of his rumbling baritone was clear, and pleasant to the ear.

This girl, he was finally able to think his outright laugh -- though the wolf was still chuckling -- this little girl, was neck deep in river, claiming she was intoxicated and asked not for her life but sobriety before death. His head shook with more unconstrained amusement. 
Not very big, she was a snow white female with a bright pink mohawk -- it seemed a bit droopy in the wet -- and sploshes of blue, purple and deeper fuchsia about her chest and hind. (He was privy to a great view of that).

With several large steps -- after his inspection and laughter had finally been quelled -- the mammoth of a male found himself towering over the upside female. 
"You're in luck, child," he smiled, amber eyes sparkling. "I feel so very inclined to heed your request."
He dipped his head down, his shadows pooling beneath the two, and grabbed his by the scruff of her neck before lifting out of the water with little difficulty. He gave a snort as part of his mohawk fluff came into his nostrils, but said nothing else before depositing her unceremoniously on the shore. He gave himself a great shake before plopping down next to her, legs crossed and tail swishing.

"So." he quirked an eyebrow, amusement colored across his countenance, fulling expecting an onslaught of words to come next.

"Ryslen speaking," | "Alcatraz speaking"

Powerplay permission to remove Dixie from the water received from Ginga.

Table and art by Centience.

@Dixie

Hosting by Kaons. Skin by Selkie. Banner by Nikkayla.